It's a dish that's not for everybody, certainly not for those afraid of bugs.
But one small Mexico City restaurant called Restaurant La Cocinita de San Juan is sure to give gastronomic daredevils a new food challenge -- tacos with insect toppings.
That's right, the eatery even has a full list of Mexican-style tacos with wild menu items such as scorpions and spiders. And they really are "wild," says restaurant owner Pedro Felipe Hernandez.
(SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PEDRO FELIPE HERNANDEZ, OWNER OF "LA COCINITA DE SAN JUAN" SAYING:
"There are people who are in charge of going into the hills to go and lift up the rocks and uncover them in the weeds. To grab them you have to be really careful because the scorpions, if they sting you, yeah those little scorpions will send you to the hospital."
The trick behind getting his customers to eat scorpions?
SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PEDRO FELIPE HERNANDEZ, OWNER OF "LA COCINITA DE SAN JUAN" SAYING:
"The scorpion doesn't have a very characteristic flavor, really. It's the preparation that really gives it a characteristic flavor, then they'll eat it. Because otherwise they'll say 'No way, I'm not going to eat a scorpion.' But then seeing it all prepared they eat it and say, 'well, it's good.'"
But eating bugs is nothing new. Hernandez says the Aztecs ate them as well.
Whether you're trying a scorpion taco for the thrill, or paying tribute to some of Mexico's ancestral roots, it has these customers saying "yum."
Even when we try to bend backwards to please our clients, sometimes we will encounter people impossible to please and who will display negative behavior.
What can a restaurateur do to avoid a confrontation with these people in your establishment, and how do you neutralize (and perhaps eliminate) their disruptive behavior?
This is not an easy task.
It might help you to remember: most of the time, these people are using your restaurant or your employees in order to vent their personal frustrations.
Sometimes people come to your place bringing along their emotional baggage. It would be great if they could leave it at home, but unfortunately, they don't.
Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent - realtor.com
When real estate is booming, new agents get their licenses in record numbers. When a bust like the one that began in 2006 comes along, hundreds of thousands of those agents quit and go back to other jobs. The lure is large commissions, perceived relatively easy money if you're a pretty good "sales person." However, it's really not that easy of a business, and a great many of the hours worked are worked for free.
Thinking about buying or selling a home next year?
No matter what your real estate goals, it's good to learn everything you can in order to make the best deal.
We asked Svenja Gudell, chief economist for Zillow, and Jonathan Smoke, chief economist for Realtor.com, what we can expect to see in the market next year.
While predicting how the real estate market will behave is never an exact science, this year could be especially difficult to predict, the experts said.
"I think at this point it will be a very interesting year as we see what President Trump will put into place as far as housing policies," Gudell said. He cited possible changes to affordable housing regulations, vouchers and how the Federal Housing Authority works during the Trump administration.
While some presidential policies are tough to foresee at this early stage, plenty of market trends for the new year are much clearer.
Click ahead for nine predictions about the real estate market in 2017.
Getting a tattoo can be quite a exciting and fun experience. The catch is, tattoos continue for life. Sooner or later, many people go to feel dissapointed about their choice. A prime demonstration of this is the time people get the name of the spouse tattooed on their bodies. If the relationship ends, they may want to get the tattoo removed.
So that you can recognize how tattoo removal works, you should first fully grasp what exactly a tattoo is. Essentially, the tattoo artist relies on a needle to push small amounts of ink down into the facial skin. After the ink is place, it is going to stay there permanently. Over the years, many different techniques happen to be employed to remove tattoos. Here are the most frequently utilised techniques:
1. Cryosurgery. With this strategy, the tattoo is actually frozen off the skin. Liquid nitrogen is sprayed into the skin, quickly very cold the outer lining layer. After a while, this layer of skin peels off, revealing fresh skin beneath. By duplicating this procedure repeatedly, ultimately, the ink through the tattoo will fade. Regrettably, this procedure can result in scarring.
2. Microdermabrasion. As you might guess by reviewing the name, this technique will depend on employing an abrasive to completely "sand" away the top layer of the skin. The abrasive is applied to the area where tattoo is, wearing on the outer skin layer. When the top layer of skin is taken away, new cells are generated to replace it. Over time, this will cause the tattoo to fade.
3. Excision. This process is restricted to tattoos that happen to be small, and minor. In essence, the tattoo is surgically cut out of your skin. The skin that had been removed is then substituted for a skin graft. This procedure will not be very popular simply because it can't be applied to larger tattoos and it leaves behind significant scarring.
4. Chemical peels. Using this method, a unique chemical solution or even a weak acid is used on the surface of the skin, causing it to shed. At some point, the best layer on the skin peels off, being replaced by new skin cells from underneath. The procedure is repeated until all warning signs of the tattoo have faded away.
5. Laser removal. In terms of tattoo removal, laser treatment therapy is far and away the best option. Essentially, a number of different laser beams are employed to split up the ink in the skin. The procedure is far gentler onto the skin compared to the other approaches and needs minimal healing time.
Simply click here to understand more how to properly take out your tattoos in Tx!
Mostly everyone considers at some point or another whether to get a body art or not. The foot tattoo is one of the more usual tattoos that a majority of us consider getting according to the best tattoo shop in Texas . Before deciding to get a foot body art, you need to consider several critical factors which could help to sway your final decision on whether a foot tattoo meets your needs. We shall be covering the best concepts for tattoo designs, places on the foot to position your designs, exactly how much tattoos in those areas will hurt, and also some essential foot-specific healing and aftercare information you ought to know of. These