Besides musical success with millions of records sold worldwide, hip-hop artists enter into lucrative businesses with their own clothing lines and investments in other companies. Entering the realms of advertising, acting gigs, guest appearances help add to their coffers.
The second spot comes to Jay-Z, Beyonce's husband with $450 million. He has sold more than 50 million records worldwide since 1996. Besides musical success, he entered the realms of fashion, cuisine, and advertising. In 2007, he sold Rocawear clothing label for $204 million. One year later, he signed a 10-year $150 million deal with Live Nation. The artist also makes his investments in New Jersey Nets and 40/40 Club chain.
Worth: $450 million
- California Officials Bring Back Music-Making Asphalt
- Goldman Sachs Takes the Rap Again, This Time for Greece
- How To Make Rap Beats In Seven Simple Steps
- Experimental Computer Music and Electronic Music Creation
- Hip Hop Beat Maker - The Truth You Need to Know to Get Started
- Russ Tamblyn And George Chakiris Together Again
- MP3 Tag Finder - How to Fix All of Your MP3 Tag Problems