The global market for 3D printing was estimated to be USD 2,183 million in 2012, and is expected to reach USD 8,675.7 million by 2020, as per a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The ability to facilitate low-volume manufacturing in a cost-effective manner is expected to fuel the market over the next few years. Further, the report analyzes that the growing need for flexible and customized products is expected to positively impact demand for 3D printing.
Automotive and healthcare industries in particular, are estimated to be key growth areas for revenue generation. Automotive is expected to be the largest and fastest growing application, with an estimated CAGR of 19.6% from 2013 to 2020. The market for medical applications was valued at USD 397.2 million in 2012, with dental applications expected to contribute largely to this segment. Concerns over protection of intellectual property from products manufactured using 3D printing are expected to restrain the industry from reaching its target potential. Backward integration in the value chain in terms of acquisitions of software 3D designing participants has been analyzed to be an opportunity for gaining competitive advantage.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
- Dental Equipment Market Size, Growth And Segments To 2020 By Hexa Research
- Interventional Cardiology Devices Market Trends, Growth and Forecast up to 2020 By Hexa Research
- Global Conveying Equipment Market - Global Industry, Share And Forecasts To 2020: Hexa Research
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market Size, Share, Segments And Forecasts Till 2020
- Atrial Fibrillation Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Forecasts Till 2020: Hexa Research
- Global Fuel Cell Market Growth Trends And Forecast To 2020 By Grand View Research, Inc
- Smartphone security Market Analysis, Share, Growth and Forecasts To 2020