The global market for isosorbide is expected to reach USD 324.6 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The quest for replacing synthetic products with sustainable equivalents based on renewable resources has driven isosorbide exploration as a platform in the industry. Grand View Research further observes the growing end-use industries such as cosmetics and personal care are expected to contribute to the growth of the market. Moreover, due to the increasing concern regarding toxic chemical components, the industry is now focusing on bio-based products such as isosorbide.
PEIT (Polyethylene Isosorbide Terephthate) emerged as the leading application segment for isosorbide and accounted for 36.8% of the total isosorbide consumed in 2012. PEIT along with being the biggest application is also expected to be the fastest growing application segment for isosorbide at an estimated CAGR of 23.8% from 2013 to 2020. Other polymer applications such as polycarbonate, polyurethane and isosorbide diesters among others are expected to witness moderate growth in the future owing to continuous efforts in research and development of isosorbide derivatives for polymer applications. However, the conventional applications of isosorbide in pharmaceutical sector are relatively expected to witness sluggish growth over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
- Dental Equipment Market Size, Growth And Segments To 2020 By Hexa Research
- Interventional Cardiology Devices Market Trends, Growth and Forecast up to 2020 By Hexa Research
- Global Conveying Equipment Market - Global Industry, Share And Forecasts To 2020: Hexa Research
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market Size, Share, Segments And Forecasts Till 2020
- Atrial Fibrillation Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Forecasts Till 2020: Hexa Research
- Global Fuel Cell Market Growth Trends And Forecast To 2020 By Grand View Research, Inc
- Smartphone security Market Analysis, Share, Growth and Forecasts To 2020