The global market for tea polyphenols is expected to reach USD 367.7 million by 2020, according to a new research report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer awareness regarding nutritional benefits offered by tea polyphenols is expected to boost market demand over the forecast period. Grand View Research further observes that growing aging population mainly in Japan and Western Europe is expected to drive the market for tea polyphenols over the next six years. In addition, the changing lifestyle has led to increased global prevalence of diabetes and cancer, which has resulted in a shift to consume nutraceutical products including tea polyphenols.
Green tea polyphenols emerged as the leading product segment consumed worldwide and accounted for over 70% of the total market in 2012. Green tea generally contains high amount of polyphenols such as catechins, flavanols, etc. which makes it ideal for the treatment of lifestyle diseases including diabetes, obesity and cancer etc. Green tea generally contains 30% to 40% of water extractable polyphenols. Along with being the largest type, it is also expected to be the fastest growing type tea polyphenols at an estimated CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period. Green tea polyphenols were followed by oolong tea polyphenols which accounted for just over 16% of the total market in 2012.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Dental Equipment Market Size, Growth And Segments To 2020 By Hexa Research
- Interventional Cardiology Devices Market Trends, Growth and Forecast up to 2020 By Hexa Research
- Global Conveying Equipment Market - Global Industry, Share And Forecasts To 2020: Hexa Research
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market Size, Share, Segments And Forecasts Till 2020
- Atrial Fibrillation Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Forecasts Till 2020: Hexa Research
- Global Fuel Cell Market Growth Trends And Forecast To 2020 By Grand View Research, Inc
- Smartphone security Market Analysis, Share, Growth and Forecasts To 2020