Hip hop and classical artwork might not seem like a match made in heaven, but Gisella Velasco and Toni Potenciano found a way help these classics brush that centuries-old dirt off their shoulders.
Spitting sick verses over stunning sketches since December 2013, Fly Art Productions describes the project as "paying homage to the good things in life: fine art and fresh hip hop." And indeed, the classics are looking super fly with the additional swagger of contemporary lyrics. Master verses from Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, the late great Tupac, TLC and more are each paired perfectly with the accompanying painting. Who knew Drake went so well with Joan of Arc?
Here are just a few of the verse-visual mashups:
- The Lion King - InfoBarrel
- iCloud set to make Apple sing higher
- Butler director Daniels faces $25 million suit by hip-hop mogul
- Judge Orders File-Trading Lime Wire Service to Disable its Software
- The Best New Music Software Of 2014
- These Hip Hop-Classic Art Mashups Are Pretty Much Perfect
- How to Make 8-Bit Music with FamiTracker