Global medical device outsourcing market is expected to reach USD 50.37 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing pricing pressure on medical device OEMs and the presence of stringent government regulations are some key drivers of the medical device outsourcing market. One such regulation involves the imposition of additional 2.3% excise duty on medical devices in the U.S. The implementation of this act increased manufacturing costs, thereby encouraging OEMs to adopt outsourcing as a cost curbing tool. Budgetary cutbacks undertaken by healthcare establishments is another key reason accounting for the increase in pricing pressure on medical device OEMs.
Product design and development accounted for over 28.0% of the market in 2013. Escalating competition in the medical device industry has heightened the importance of new product development and extensive R&D investments. Manufacturers in an attempt to mitigate risks associated with this rise in capital expenditure levels adhere to cost effective strategies, especially outsourcing. Design and development expertise offered by outsourcing firms are also expected to improve usage rates during the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
- Global Application Server Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Vertical Farming, Plant Factory Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Low Iron Glass for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) Market To 2020 – Market Size, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Concentrating Solar Power CSP Systems Market Size, Analysis, Trends To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Turfing Vendor Wireless Communications Market To 2020 – Market Share, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Semiconductor Wireless Sensor Internet of Things (IoT) Market Trends, Company Share To 2020: PTA Newsroom.
- Hospital Patient Multi-Parameter Monitors Industry to 2019 – Market Outlook, Industry Growth: PTA Newsroom.