All electronic gadgets contain electric circuits where different components like capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, etc., are connected. Therefore, electronic circuits can be referred to as an electronic center. When there is a problem with circuits, the whole gadget is rendered useless except it is repaired. In some lucky cases, it can be repaired, while in some gadgets it is rendered useless and useless. However, in this article, focus is one fixing a faulty circuit.
Circuits troubleshooting techniques
If you aren’t versed in technical stuff then consider this an electronic project that you could learn something from. It’s actually not difficult as you don’t have to be a guru to pull it off, just follow these instructions and you will do just fine.
- The first is to locate possible clues on the board to identify the problem. It is not advisable to jump in and start with the repair; the habit is likened to groping your way in dark places. Therefore be wise, scan the periphery and the inner parts of the electronic circuit to locate possible faults. For example, when conducting visual scanning of the circuit you may notice some overloaded parts or marks; this will be your indicator to the source of the problem.
- Secondly, examine the plan of the hobby electronics circuit and comprehend the type of signals you should expect from the board. You should lookout for the frequencies, voltages, and waveform because it is created at various positions in the circuit board.
- Have your oscilloscope handy whenever you need to make electronic repairs, it must always be in your electronic kits. Attach its probe in the lower clip to ground part of the circuit. You must do this part of the troubleshooting carefully – In-fact, all trouble shooting job must be done carefully to avoid creating further problems. If you are not the techie type, don’t bother with fixing electric problems, because your effort could actually create more damage.
- Locate the sweep speed and position the oscilloscope to it; it is the best way to tackle frequencies originating from the circuit board. Also, try to tweak the electrical energy range of the oscilloscope’s input conduit to fit what is indicated by the schematic. The channel coupling must be position at DC to zero on the horizontal or parallel trace
- Finally, put on your circuit board. While doing this touch the scope’s top to other parts you located in the first instruction. Operate it forward; from the energy supply to any alert production and amplification.
After the basic troubleshooting is completed, you should conclude by observing the power to discover if the voltage balance is similar to what was specified by the schematic; any dead or erratic part will be exposed by the oscilloscope.
It’s very good to learn how to fix circuits of any electronic kits, but that is if you are a techie or know one or two things about such repairs.