Global calcium carbonate market is expected to witness substantial growth owing to application growth in papers, polymers and concrete industries. Increased government expenditure on infrastructure improvement in BRICS and Middle East countries is expected to promote the use of polymers and concretes, thus, fueling calcium carbonate demand. Calcium carbonate also finds use in dietary supplements, flue gas desulfurization, toothpaste production and food preservatives. Gaining importance of industrial fillers in petrochemicals and rubber production is expected to augment demand for GCC (ground calcium carbonate) and PCC (precipitated calcium carbonate). Increasing awareness regarding personal hygiene in emerging markets of China, India, Brazil and Middle East countries is expected to augment demand for tissues and packaging paper, which is expected to fuel calcium carbonate market over next six years.
Asia Pacific is expected to be one of the largest markets on account of industrial growth in polymer and paper industry in China, India, Indonesia and Thailand. Abundance of mineral deposits of calcium carbonate in China and India is expected to open new market avenues. Middle East governments are focusing on reducing reliance on energy sector and have framed numerous policies for promoting growth of domestic automotive and construction industries. These factors are likely to have a positive impact on calcium carbonate market in the near future.
Key market participants include Minerals Technologies, Excalibar Minerals, Omya, Okutama Kogyo, Huber Engineered Materials, Solvay, Imerys, Mississippi Lime Company and Great Lakes Calcium Corporation. Omaya announced a launch of calcipur product range in November 2013, meant for use in food industries with a Kosher and Halal standard certification. In May 2013, Minerals Technologies announced a new calcium carbonate product, VICRON FRP, as molding compounds and thermoset polyesters.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
- Global Application Server Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Vertical Farming, Plant Factory Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Low Iron Glass for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) Market To 2020 – Market Size, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Concentrating Solar Power CSP Systems Market Size, Analysis, Trends To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Turfing Vendor Wireless Communications Market To 2020 – Market Share, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Semiconductor Wireless Sensor Internet of Things (IoT) Market Trends, Company Share To 2020: PTA Newsroom.
- Hospital Patient Multi-Parameter Monitors Industry to 2019 – Market Outlook, Industry Growth: PTA Newsroom.