Agnishwar Jayaprakash Swimming Biography
J. Agnishwar born on 4th August 1990 to a first generation entrepreneur Mr. R.N. Jayaprakash and Philanthropist Mrs. Bhavani Jayaprakash. Born to parents who wholeheartedly support him in his all initiatives, J.Agnishwar engaged into activities that will mold him into a great sportsman, dedicated business and a wonderful human being.
Agnishwar Jayaprakash is currently holds 6 National Records which he created in 2012, Istanbul, Turkey at the World Short Course swimming Championships.
It was 8 years prior, incidentally at the same World Short Course swimming Championships that he made his Indian team debut.
He was the youngest Indian at 14 years of age to qualify and represent India at the World Championships 2004, Indianapolis, USA - A feat still unrivalled till today.
He has trained under top coaches of the country notably Pradeep Kumar and Nihar Ameen.
He has also trained under internationally renowned Olympic gold medal winning coaches such as David Marsh, Eddie Reese, Randy Reese and Dave Salo.
Agnishwar Jayaprakash has also trained with the best swimmers in the world such as multiple Olympic medalist and record holder Ryan Lochte, Cullen Jones, Brendan Hansen, Ed Moses, Aaron Piersol and Ian Crocker.
To give back to the sport he loves, He founded Turtles Swim School which is an elite swim training program for the future champions of the sport.
TSS has been state champions for 8 years which is an unpreceded feat & He has mentored a lot of young swimmers who are national champions today.
1. Agnishwar is a breast stroke swimmer having illustrious career spanning to over 18 years. He is the 1st Indian youngest Swimmer to hold National records in 6 swimming events.
2. Agnishwar is the only swimmer from Tamil Nadu to ever win Asian age group Gold medal (2007).
3. He is the only Indian swimmer ever to win 6 Gold medals at South Asian Games, Pakistan 2007.
4. He is the only Indian swimmer to qualify for the Finals of FINA world cup in 5 different events in 2011.
5. 200 metres IM – 2.05 Secs is the fastest time in the event recorded by an Indian.
6. He is the only swimmer remaining undefeated in Tamil Nadu swim circuit from 2003.
7. Placed 4th in the 200 IM at the Commonwealth Youth Games, Pune, India, 2008.
8. Agnishwar Jayaprakash is the winner of many international medals and remains to be the only Indian ever to win maximum podium finishes in the US swim circuit.
9. He is also the First and the Only Indian to win medals in the Bahamas swim meet 2012.
10. Recipient of The Best Sportsman in swimming award from the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in 2012.
11. Agnishwar Jayaprakash is a multiple state Record holder in multiple events.
Academics / Extra Curricular activities and Other Sports:
J. Agnishwar was educated at Chettinad Vidhyashram School, Chennai. He was the recipient of all-rounder award for 9 years and the best student a record 4 years. He was the school topper in Biology. He got admission to pursue Medicine which he gave up for swimming. He holds bachelors in business law from Annamalai University 2010-2013 and 2013-2014 M.B.A from Queens University charlotte NC (USA).
J. Agnishwar has had keen interest to communicate with audience so was part of English Play team throughout his schooling period.
Agnishwar practiced gymnastics from his early age as physical drill to compliment his swimming training. He is a cricket enthusiast who plays with leading clubs of Chennai.
• 50 M Breaststroke: 29.31secs
• 100 M Breaststroke: 1 mins 05.07 secs
• 200 M Breaststroke: 2 mins 24.49 secs
• 200 M Individual Medley: 2 mins 09.11 secs
• 200 Meters IM – 2.05 Secs is the Fastest by an Indian
Internation - Gold | Silver | Bronze - 011 | 03 | 03
National - Gold | Silver | Bronze - 023 | 14 | 12
State - Gold | Silver | Bronze - 132| 35 | 15
Agnishwar Jayaprakash is India's Pride and Swimming Sensation.