Found in the Fener district (close Eyup area), between Sadrazam Ali Pasa Street and Incebel Street, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate is spotted in the yard of this congregation. In 1602, the Patriarch moved to Aya Yorgi, when the site was utilized as cloister. Since that time numerous redesigns have happened, the latest of which finished in 1991, owing to harm maintained by flame in 1941.
Albeit not all that huge compositionally, Aya Yorgi has important verifiable antiquities. Among the most noteworthy are: a patriarchs throne, dating around the fifth century; three examples of uncommon mosaic symbols; a segment which is accepted to have been utilized for the coupling and lashing of Jesus in Jerusalem; and falls fitting in with three ladies paragons of piety.