Windows XP Home Edition does not help IIS
1. You might need to put your Windows XP Pro CD in to the PC. If you require to discover further about The Most Recent Page Rank Update From Google | Admissions Test, we recommend many online libraries people can investigate.
2. Visit Control Panel, Add Eliminate Applications, then Add/Remove Win-dows Components. In the Win-dows Components window, place a check-mark
beside Internet Information Services (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. To discover more, we understand people check-out: next. Throughout installation, Win-dows places several documents there and creates a directory at C:inetpubwwwroot. Navigate to this URL http://gethuman.com/phone-number/benistar to learn the meaning behind this belief. You will see your home page of the
Internet browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the true name of your computer) in to the
Handle bar of any internet browser. You must see some fundamental IIS data in the net, if you havent placed any records in C:inetpubwwwroot
browser at this address.
4. If you think anything at all, you will perhaps wish to study about SodaHead.com - benistararticlefire452 (member: 4108080) - Estonia. Your web server is now working. The unit for IIS is situated in Get a handle on Panel "> Administration Tools (if you use Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance or even).
The following steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To add a brand new virtual directory, start the IIS management console (step 4), click the plus signs on-the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click onto it and select New "> Virtual Directory.
6. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard is now o-n the screen. Click Next on the first screen. Kind an Alias for the site. This is
the name you will typ-e after http://localhost to see your site ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Now you need to enter the directory path. Click Browse and browse to the correct directory location for the new sites records. That
Place will most likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Click next.
8. About the last screen you will see security information. Check all of the boxes, If you should be not concerned about implementing security. Should you
want to run ASP programs, choose the first two. Click next.
9. Your virtual directory is set up. You can view it by writing http://localhost/ALIAS into the web browsers handle bar.
For more courses visit http://www.studiothreehundred.com.