Family Dentist Coffs Harbour
Toothbrush practices to keep your tooth in shape.
Brushing your teeth regularly is keys to keep healthy oral system and preventing periodontal diseases, but it’s very important to choose the right toothbrush for your teeth and also make sure you choose good tooth paste for your teeth and should follow proper brushing and flossing techniques. Everyone should have to done correctly, brushing your teeth twice a day that should be done in the morning and in the night before going to bed, and brushing duration should be up to 2 to 3 minutes so that ensure long term dental health.
How to choose right tooth paste.
In ancient time people were used to brush der teeth using frayed twigs to clean their teeth. Neem stick (Azadirachta indica) is used India as tooth brush, in modern days toothbrushes come in a variety of advanced forms, which can be used latest technologies.
While choosing a brush you should make sure is tooth brush is having ADA seal on the box and the bristle are soft and smooth, handle of the brush should be flexible and comfortable so that your brush should give more comfortable, flexible to your mouth. You can use your tooth paste more often and comfortable if it is have all these features.
Here I am giving some more tips to choose a right toothbrush.
- Toothbrush bristle should be soft and smooth.
- Brush should fits your mouth, choose the right sized toothbrush and if you are small mouthed, choose small tooth paste and if you have big large pick a large sized brush
- Brush can be manual or powered that should be easy to use.
If you found your toothbrush is comfortable just concentrate on your brushing techniques. Make sure you are brushing in a correct manner and the person has to brush twice a day, up to 2 to 3 minutes.
Effective way of brushing your teeth
These are some techniques which makes your brushing perfect.
Brush your teeth for twice in a day, in morning and in the night before going to bed. If you have had any coloring food or heavy food tries to brush after meals, it is recommended to brush after meals.
- Take your own time to brush that should be at least for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When brushing your gum line region, slightly angle your toothbrush towards your direction of gums.
- Brush your teeth gently and softly, use a gentle motion so that you don’t hurt your teeth.
- Try to clean every single tooth from your brush, and use slow and gentle motion.
- Use fluoride toothpaste to fight of tooth decay.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria which can cause bad breath.
- After use rinse off your brush thoroughly after each use, if you want more hygiene take a small amount of hand soap and apply it on to the toothbrush bristles.
- Change your toothbrush for every 3 to 4 months.
A toothbrush alone can’t maintain your oral system, this is the basic things to maintain regularly if you want to clean it off completely go for flossing which can gives you whole mouth cleaning experience, and for good oral system consult your dentist every year.