XMBC is a free and open source media player available for multiple OS and hardware platforms. It has a 10-foot user interface that make it useful for the use with television and remote control. It further allows the users to view and play various media files including video files, music files
It can be customized as per the user’s needs and allows the user to access the services such as Spotify, YouTube, Grooveshark and many more. XMBC has been also used for watching TV on various devices. TV has always been a source of entertainment in leisure time. The availability of TV on your devices such as phones and tabs is good news for the TV fans. It will allow the user to watch their favorite TV shows anywhere and anytime.
XMBC understood the concerns of the users and has provided the solution for that. It has launched the software that will further enable the users to have the TV on their hand devices. It was not commercially available during initial days. But now updated version is available.
Formly known as Xbox media centre (XMBC) is now available under the name “KODI”. It is available as a native application for Android, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Microsoft windows operating systems.
KODI supports almost all files including audio, video and media files and is Internet and other network capable. XMBC for android is a full port XMBC application for Android OS. Most XMBC is not available on Google play store yet. If you wish to install XMBC on your Android OS devices, follow the following simple steps:
1. Locate the settings menu on your Android device.
2. Select the security menu.
3. Enable “unknown sources” option. This will allow the user to download XMBC easily.
4. Click on XMBC.org or follow the following URL: http://kodi.tv/download/
5. Depending upon your device hardware select ARM or x86. Most users choose ARM link.
6. While downloading the application, you may get a warning window on your server.
7. Click ok.
8. Let the file get downloaded.
9. Now open the downloaded file. You can do it from download menu of the server or selecting it from file explorer.
10. After selecting the file, you may be asked about the format to get it opened.
11. After selecting the appropriate format, select install.
12. Let the installation complete.
13. The application is now ready to be used on the android device.
First time, it may take time for the XMBC to get opened as some final steps of installation are being carried on. After XMBC is installed you can delete .apk file to save the device storage space. To update the app, follow the installation steps for the updated versions. Get a backup of the user data while updating the XMBC app.
In order to uninstall this app follow the below given steps:
1. Select settings.
2. Go to the apps.
3. Select XMBC.
4. A window will appear asking whether you want to uninstall the app.
5. Click OK.