There are many programming solutions that you would come across for your ecommerce website but it is essential that you choose the right one. Magento and OpenCart are both free and open source software but most developers are opting for OpenCart and there are many reasons behind it. Here are some of the reasons behind it:
- OpenCart is user friendly and is software that is very easy to install, manage and administer. This only means that even if you are very less technical knowledge, you would be able to manage your ecommerce store. The control is easy to deal with. Magento on the other hand is quite complicated and you would need some amount of technical knowledge to manage it in the beginning.
- It is easy to setup and moreover it takes lesser time to install and configure OpenCart as compared to Magneto. This also means that the cost required to setup OpenCart is less than Magneto and developers would charge you less when you opt for OpenCart.
- OpenCart module development and OpenCart extension development allows to add numerous features to a simple OpenCart CMS platform and that is one reason why most prefer OpenCart. This allows your ecommerce website to get customized easily as PHP is the programming language. In fact with OpenCart you can add on any functionality to your website and this is possible with Magento and most other open source software.
- OpenCart is the best available solution for big and medium sized business and can offer the right break for the beginners. It can be customized to suit the need of large business as well.
- It also offers free upgrades and support and is amongst the fastest growing ecommerce solution available from an open source and without the backing of any large organizations.