13. The intensity and length of your anger, depression, and loneliness are directly proportional to how invested you were in your marriage. Bull. The intensity and length of your emotions is directly proportional to your ability to accept and work through them.
14. There is something wrong with you if you feel like part of you died when your marriage ended. It's pretty common to feel like part of you died when your marriage ends. The part of you that was the spouse in your marriage is no more, and it's OK to grieve the loss of that role.
15. Every divorce attorney only has their client's best interests at heart. How I wish this wasn't a lie. Unfortunately, it is. Just like in any profession, there are good ones and not so good ones. Having an attorney who truly does have your best interests at heart can make your divorce recovery that much easier, as you're not as stressed about the legalities of your divorce.
16. You attorney is also going to help you recover from your divorce. As caring and supportive as your attorney might be, they probably aren't the best-equipped to help you recover from your divorce. However, they probably have a great referral or two for you to get the help you deserve.
17. Everyone takes anti-depressants when they get divorced. This is like when we were teenagers and told our parents that everyone else was doing it, so we needed to do it, too. It's just not true that everyone needs anti-depressants when they get divorced.
In my opinion, we've normalized depression and are ready to take a pill for a "quick fix," instead of really exploring what's going on.
18. Your ex is the reason your marriage failed. Even if your ex behaved in a way that necessitated your divorce, you still played some small role in the failure of the marriage. Even if that role was only agreeing to the marriage, the faster you come to terms with your part in the end of the marriage, the faster you'll be able to recover from your divorce.
More great relevation to come>>>>>>follow me for more.
- 24 Ridiculous Divorce Lies You Should Never EVER Believe! Part4
- 24 Ridiculous Divorce Lies You Should Never EVER Believe! Part3.
- 24 Ridiculous Divorce Lies You Should Never EVER Believe! Part2
- 24 Ridiculous Divorce Lies You Should Never EVER Believe! Part1.
- 7 Last-Ditch Ways To Save Your Marriage (When You Feel Hopeless)
- The Top 10 Reasons People Get Divorced. Part2.
- The Top 10 Reasons People Get Divorced. Part 1.