Global glycol ethers market is expected to witness increased demand due to growing end-use industries including chemical, automotive, cleaners & inks and construction. Paints & coatings was the largest application of glycol ethers in 2013 on account of high demand for water based coatings over solvent based coatings and propylene oxide based ethers coupled with alterations in E-series products. Growing application scope of glycol ethers for a wide array of applications and functions including anti-freeze, electronic cleaners, brake fluid, epoxies, floor polishes, lacquers, pastes, metalworking fluids, varnishes, cosmetics, coatings and inks are anticipated to fuel market growth. Stringent government regulations coupled with fluctuating raw material prices are expected to plague glycol ethers prospects over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Asia Pacific was a key market owing to infrastructure development and rapid industrialization in the region. It is also anticipated to be the fastest growing market due to increasing construction expenditure from emerging economies including Indonesia, India and China. The Propylene Glycol Ether Panel and The Ethylene Glycol Ether Panel merged in 2002 to form American Chemistry Council (ACC) representing manufacturers of commercially available glycol ether. Merger of Dow and Union Carbide in 2001, in order to attain strategic position against DuPont is likely to enhance the company’s presence in the market. In 2014, Green Biologics acquired Central MN Ethanol Co-operatives ethanol plant with a view to expand existing production capacity However, shutdown of France based glycol ethers plant by INEOS in 2011, aided growth of other regional participants. Technological development in terms of innovative glycol ether production process by Sulzer Chemtech is expected to provide growth opportunities.
To request a sample copy or view TOC of this report, click the link below:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
- Global Application Server Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Vertical Farming, Plant Factory Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Low Iron Glass for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) Market To 2020 – Market Size, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Concentrating Solar Power CSP Systems Market Size, Analysis, Trends To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Turfing Vendor Wireless Communications Market To 2020 – Market Share, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Semiconductor Wireless Sensor Internet of Things (IoT) Market Trends, Company Share To 2020: PTA Newsroom.
- Hospital Patient Multi-Parameter Monitors Industry to 2019 – Market Outlook, Industry Growth: PTA Newsroom.