Increasing demand for electricity owing to satiate the need of growing population is expected to drive the IGBT and thyristor market. Growing demand for high-tech power grid solutions is also expected to play a pivotal role in market growth over the forecast period. IGBTs are expected to dominate mass transit application in converters and are used in several high power control gadgets. Thyristors are widely used for controlling alternating currents. Replacement of aging power infrastructure in developed countries and government incentives for grid establishment are some other factors conducive to the IGBT and thyristor market. Additionally, rising offshore wing farms are also expected to provide new avenues for market growth over the forecast period. High investments required for power applications may hinder the IGBT and thyristor market growth over the next six years.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
IGBT and thyristor applications include power, renewable energy, industrial, commercial, and residential. Power application, which consists of Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) and high-voltage, direct current (HVDC), is expected to grow at a considerable rate over the forecast period. Thyristors are also used in pressure control systems, light dimmers and liquid level regulators. FACTS application comprises voltage stabilization, congestion management, power flow control and frequency stabilization.
To request a sample copy or view TOC of this report, click the link below:
Asia Pacific is estimated to generate high IGBT and thyristor demand owing to growing investments for power applications in countries such as India, China and Australia. Brazil is also expected to witness significant growth owing to increasing investments in FACTS applications over the forecast period.
Key IGBT and thyristor companies include ABB Ltd, Fuji Electric Co., Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, and Hitachi Ltd. Mergers and acquisitions for product portfolio expansion and product differentiation are expected to be the key growth factors for market players.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
- Global Application Server Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Vertical Farming, Plant Factory Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Low Iron Glass for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) Market To 2020 – Market Size, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Concentrating Solar Power CSP Systems Market Size, Analysis, Trends To 2020 by PTA Newsroom.
- Turfing Vendor Wireless Communications Market To 2020 – Market Share, Growth, Trends: PTA Newsroom.
- Semiconductor Wireless Sensor Internet of Things (IoT) Market Trends, Company Share To 2020: PTA Newsroom.
- Hospital Patient Multi-Parameter Monitors Industry to 2019 – Market Outlook, Industry Growth: PTA Newsroom.