Buying a new car can be stressful—not to mention—expensive. Perhaps it’s stressful because it’s expensive. Either way, buying a new car can be tough. Many would-be-buyers opt to buy used to save some money. Even then, the cost can sometimes be higher than you’re willing to pay. Many mistakenly believe that by setting a lower maximum cost, they rule out cars of high quality. That isn’t always the case. Here’s a look at ten of the best used cars that you can get for around $5,000 or less.
1. Late 90s Jeep Wrangler. A late 90s Jeep Wrangler with about 100,000 miles on it shouldn’t cost more than 5,000 dollars. This is the perfect choice if you’re looking for something a little rugged that will age well.
2. Fiat 850 Sport Spider. If a roadster is what you’re looking for, then this car could be for you. It’s far from the fastest car on the road but the price is hard to pass up.
3. 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. Though not the most reliable car, it does get 27 miles per gallon on the freeway and boasts 227 horse power. It’s also all-wheel drive and has a manual transmission which makes it fun to drive.
4. 1983 Chrysler Imperial. Though it’s one of the oldest cars on this list, it’s also one of the fastest. The Chrysler Imperial has been unpopular ever since, but if you get an ’83, you’re pretty safe.
5. 1999 Honda Civic Si. The Honda Civic is the go-to car for reliability. It will easily last you beyond 200,000 miles, perhaps 300,000. It’s far from the most powerful car you can get for $5,000, but it’s worth it when you consider how long it can last.
6. 2005 Dodge Magnum. Probably the closest you can get to a muscle-car for under $5,000. You’ll have to do some looking to find one priced that low however.
7. 2004 Mazda RX-8. Not an ideal choice if you want great gas mileage, but it’s a lot of fun to drive.
8. 2002 Chevy Silverado. If a truck is what interests you, then you can’t go wrong with a 2002 Chevy Silverado. Look for one with a V-8 if you can.
9. Land Rover Discovery II. Again, not the most reliable vehicle on the list. But if an SUV is what you’re looking for, this is probably as safe a choice you can find for under $5,000.
10. Mercedes-Benz 300TD Wagon. If you want something a little out-of-the-ordinary, consider this early 80s station wagon.
Whichever used car you decide to go with, don’t forget to purchase affordable, quality insurance for it. For an affordable rate call (844) 810-4193.
Auto news brought to you by nationalauto .agency
Source: autoblog .com/photos/cheap-used-cars-under-5000/?icid=autoblog|trend|best-used-cars-under-$5000
Tags: used cars, car buying tips, auto insurance, car insurance, car insurance quotes