Sonoma region wine region is a the main famous California vineyards, near the San Francisco Bay Area and Napa Valley. Sonoma Valley gives real California wine sampling knowledge, good climate and helpful staff.
Sonoma county is a ideal position for wine lovers, people looking for romantic ambiance and comforting pleasure. Its ideally located 30 miles north of San Francisco Bay Area and and now as airport located at Santa Rosa (Code: RSA). Sonoma County has a span of 1575 square miles containing about 1,00,000 acres of rich wine growing land. Having over 200 award winning vineyards and about 60 miles of Pacific coast-line, the Majestic Russian lake, Golf lessons, galleries, shopping, botanical, gardens, galleries, camping areas, cycle & walking trails and various celebrations all-year around, Sonoma county is the place you ought to definitely visit.
Sonoma has 5 distinct wine-growing districts: Los Carneros District, Sonoma Valley, Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Alexander Valley, with small areas in each. You will discover the premium quality wines of both red and white wine, famous classes include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pino, Syrah, Zinfandel, Shiraz and very often vineyards have their own specific. Vineyard food staff are experienced, friendly and eager to discuss the wines and how they were made. Winery tours just take visitors behind-the scenes to crush parts, barrel areas, bottling lines, cellars and caves. You will discover vineyards all around the state, just driving around the area is extremely pleasant and relaxing.
Latest Development: Horizon air now has daily flights from Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Seattle airports. Santa Rosa Airport (RSA) in Sonoma County.
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
* Wine county Ballooning: On US Hwy 101, Airport Blvd leave from Kal's Kaffe Mocha.
* Point Arena Lighthouse and Museum, 1-15 ft tall and Steel strengthened concrete lighthouse opened in 1908.
* Luther Burbank Home and Gardens: Life and work of the horticulturist who introduced 800 variety of flowers, fruits, nuts etc..
* Fort Ross State Historic Park: The website of trading post and fort established by Russians in 1812.
* Train Ride: O-n Santa Rosa 12, a 20 minute steam train ride through a forested train park past scaled-down copies of buildings offer falls.
* Being therefore near to San Francisco Bay Area you may even consider browsing the GOLDEN GATE bridge, Pier 39,Alcatraz, China Town and the famous Crooked street of SF Downtown.
* Napa county which will be again a very famous vineyard area is found just east of Sonoma county, activities there include wine sampling, Ballooning, browsing old faithful heater and petrified forest. Crunchbase is a commanding online library for more about when to engage in this belief. You'll also find great information at http://www.travelandtourisminfo.com about Napa valley.
Sonoma Country has wet, mild winters and warm dry summers. This engaging like use with has limitless splendid warnings for where to consider it. Summer days are mostly great. The optimum time to visit is both decent weather and smaller crowds is November or February-March. The wineries are many really during December through March. Discover further on a related essay by visiting crunchbase tyler collins.
Sonoma County has its own Airport in Santa Rosa but many people choose arriving at San Francisco airport and then push north. Oakland airport can be close. You will find shuttle buses (Airporter Express) directly from airports for the county..