I had a funny question emailed to me. I’m not sure why it humored me but it did. A lovely reader asked what kind of music do I run to? I love all kinds of music. I am constantly switching my playlist and any variety of music will be on there at any given time.
I am currently running to my list I titled “run, run da doo run run.” Yes, Shaun Cassidy was my first love! It’s a little over 30 minutes long.
1. If I Had You by Adam Lambert. This song makes me want to jam plus Adam’s recent arrest cracks me up. I can envision him bitch slapping his boyfriend.
2. Weightless by All Time Low. This has been my theme song for the past 3 years. Instant good mood.
3. Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO. Self explanatory and if I’m running outside, I always scream the part that says “I work out!” I’m sure it scares the old people as I run through a retirement village on most days.
4. I Don’t Want This Night to End by Luke Bryan. This is my current favorite country song because it reminds me of my first date with my husband. We drove around in his truck for hours after the bar closed because we weren’t ready for the date to end. Sometimes I change the words to I wish this run would end.
5. 47 by New Found Glory. Catchy tune with a good running beat.
6. Drunker Than Me by Trent Tomlinson. An oldie but a goodie and I change the words to I can’t be with a man who runs faster than me.
7. Somewhere With You by Kenny Chesney. The only Kenny Chesney song I like. Nicole will kill me for saying this since she is number one fan but I just don’t like him or his music except for this song. This is me trying to like him for Nic.
8. We Belong by Pat Benatar. This is almost the last song and I can see Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard running to the finish line in Talladega Nights. Gives me the push to finish!
9. Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band. I run and I still can’t eat fried chicken or a cold beer because I’m trying to lose weight! Ug!