One simply has to visit a utility store in their area and they would clearly be able to see the wide variety of choices available in the market for kitchen worktops- hardwood, composite glass, quartz, granite and steel workstations are becoming standard in most of the places. But granite worktops still hold supreme reign over the market. Why? Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Considered the Earth’s oldest building material, granite slabs are formed by cooling magma or igneous rocks that provide the durability and hardness of a diamond. They thus offer an almost nil depreciative value over years.
- Granite comes in numerous distinct shades and textures for the users to choose from. With no two slabs of granite same; your kitchen is bound to have a unique countertop.
- Granite being a natural igneous rock provides ample resistance from heat, scratches, spills and stains; thus making it the most preferred choice among other alternatives for kitchen countertops.
- Granite is relatively easier to clean than wood or steel countertops. All one needs is a little warm water and some dish soap for its regular cleaning and maintenance. These simple and inexpensive methods of upkeep make it desirable among homemakers.
- Its anti-bacterial surface makes it more hygienic. Also the fact that it does not chip easily makes it a kid-friendly option.
With a granite counter, you rarely have to worry about it staining or scratching with your kitchen blades; you can directly cut or chop on the surface. The only time you have to be cautious is while selecting a professional company for granite worktops in Birmingham. Choose someone like Marble4Life, who have considerable experience in the stone industry to get the best quality material for your home.