Those who love dessert recipes will agree with me that Biskuti ya Nazi is one the best dessert recipes in Kenya. I have tasted and enjoyed it and I wish to teach you how to make it. Some of our African recipes are less known by the outside word and for that matter we see it as our responsibility to show the world how to make these Africa recipes.
In a place like Mombasa and Dar es Salaam in Tanzania Biskuti ya nazi is highy regarded as the best food to serve your guest and on this page we will give you the engredients and methods to make it.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BISKUTI YA NAZI
Three egg whites
One cup granulated sugar
Two and a half cups desiccated coconut
One cup macadamia nuts or cashew nuts, finely chopped
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE BISKUTI YA NAZI
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
3. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat egg whites into soft peaks.
4. Gradually add the Sugar, beating after each addition until peaks are glossy.
Foreign Country Recipes
5. Fold in the coconut and nuts.
6. With wet hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into rounds and set on baking sheets.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
8. Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Though it may sound strange to you if you are not from East Africa, Biskuti ya Nazi recipe is one of the food recipes you should learn to make for your family.