The Absinthe Classics Essence kit via AbsintheKit.com merely cost $29 and permits you to make 14 bottles of Absinthe (750ml each). The kit also contains an expedient measure and 14 bottle labels. The essence is distilled from standard Absinthe herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel and can make an Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg per bottle. AbsintheKit also sell 3 other Absinthekits and replicas of vintage Absinthe glasses and spoons.
- Learn just as much as you can about Absinthe so that you know very well what to watch out for. Websites such as lafeeverte.net, realabsintheonline.com and also absinthebuyersguide.com have got lots of info on Absinthe along with product reviews.
- Make certain you buy an Absinthe containing both wormwood as well as anise. Several Czech Absinth is anise free therefore doesn't have the exclusive anise flavor. There are also lots of fake or substitute Absinthes available for sale that don't contain wormwood and also you would like to avoid those if you wish to try real Absinthe.
- Look around and do a price comparison of Absinthe. Providers who stock many different Absinthes consist of the UK company Thedrinkshop.com, absintheclassics.com and also absinth64.net.
- Purchase known brands via reliable distillers who definitely have won awards with regard to their Absinthes and after that compare prices in between suppliers. See below for popular brands.
Where Can I Buy Absinthe Classics?
Brands that you could consider are:-
- Sebor - Sebor Absinth is a Czech Absinth. Genuine Sebor Absinth with 55% worwmood content is only accessible from seborabsinth.com. It is just a well-known Czech brand with an excellent reputation.
- The Jade Collection by Ted breaux. These kinds of Absinthes have earned many awards and were created by Ted Breaux who tested and researched vintage Absinthe and genuine recipes to permit him to produce his very own vintage style Absinthe. The Jade Collection consists of Swiss style Absinthes as well as French Pernod style Absinthes. An excellent collection. These Absinthes can be found from websites just like absintheonline.com.
- La Boheme Absinthe Original - Another Czech Absinthe. This Absinthe is dependent on a 200 yr old Swiss recipe and it is identified as the best possible Absinthe. It's accessible to order from originalabsinthe.com.
- La Ptite Absinthe du Val de Travers - A Swiss Absinthe distilled in Couvet, home of Absinthe, from an 1898 recipe. It's actually a clear La Bleue style Absinthe that's handmade and can therefore be hard to get hold of. Stock can occasionally be available on absintheclassics.com.
- Absinthe Clandestine - Yet another Swiss La Bleue style Absinthe. This Absinthe is usually distilled in Couvet but by Claude-Alain Bugnon, a previous bootleg distiller. It is actually in accordance with conventional La Bleue recipes and makes use of conventional Absinthe herbs with alpine plants. It is offered by absintheclassics.com.
Absinthe Roquette 1797 - This Absinthe is named after the horse of the renowned creator of Absinthe, Dr Pierre Ordinaire, and is also based on an eighteenth century recipe. It is distilled in Pontarlier, France, in original nineteenth century alambics. It is located on many sites which includes absintheclassics.com.
Other notable Absinthes happen to be Doubs Mystique Carte d'Or, Absinthe Duplais, Lucid (made for the USA) plus the Spanish Absenta Mari Mayans 70.