One software program any optimizer must love is Firefox. Now some may possibly say 'Why Firefox, it's just a browser'? Yes, it's a visitor, but one which supports a big variety of plug-ins, a number of them very helpful for seo. Therefore let us see what these extensions are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this is among the greatest and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has many methods that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let us see what it might do:
* in Google it can check for: backlinks, found pages, relevant pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks. For fresh information, please consider peeping at: Keep Safe When Working With Your Charge Card On the web | Fruit Industry.
* for backlinks, traffic facts, Alexa: summary and related internet sites.
* key-word density of the most used words on the page. This lovely BIZESO BLOG: STERLING SILVER JEWELRY MYSTIQUE & INTRIGUE article has specific witty lessons for how to ponder it.
* DMOZ checker: see when the site is within the directory.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to check your page for errors the validator is used by it from www.w3.org).
There are other things, but these are the most crucial.
2. Search Engine Optimization Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is still another expansion I use everyday. Once the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and position data for the URL and anchor text pair. When you are simply checking this can be annoying, but you can simply de-activate it with a right-click!
This might be quickly used to check your search engine rankings for a specific site, and here's how: write up an inventory with all the keywords and keyphrases you want to rank for, and then link these words or phrases to-the web pages associated with them!
Now every time you need to always check your ranks stimulate the SEO Links expansion and float within the links -- you will see where your pages are in Google, Yahoo and MSN. To check up more, you should check-out: thesterlinggrp.com.
3. Do not waste anymore of one's valuable screen real estate simply to uncover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) could sit anywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll receive the precious info at a glance. But this small device can perform a lot more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a website has
* inspections for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the robots.txt file
* keyword thickness statement function
* and best of all: the highlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be followed closely by search engine spiders -- very helpful when you need to submit your website to a service and don't know if it'll matter from the seo perception.
So in case you aren't using Firefox, go get it! It may be your very best friend when it comes to search engine optimization!
Florin Costache writes over a daily search engine optimization weblog for Romanian webmasters, named Optimizare pentru motoarele d-e cautare (a.k.a. Search engine marketing for individuals who do not speak Romanian)..