Choosing a company name is a vitally essential job for any new venture. Here are 5 suggestions to assist you via the procedure:
1. Think about Search engine optimization Implications - The name of your company is most likely going to be your URL. Simply because URLs are impactful to Seo, you may want to strategize your name about your target key phrases. This is especially essential if your company relies heavily on search-engine-driven ecommerce.
2. Function vs. Flair - Especially if you want a name that goes hand in hand with your Seo efforts, probabilities are you will finish up choosing something functional. For instance, for my marketing consulting company, I could have chosen marketingconsultingfirm.com to optimize my url for Search engine optimization. That said, understanding the keywords "marketing" and "consulting" are extremely competitive terms to rank for, and that my business would rely most heavily on networking and referrals, I opted for a company name that emphasized branding. Selecting The Fresh Basil, Inc. was developed to be memorable, catchy, simple to say and branded around my name, Charlie Basil. I chose flair more than function knowing that as my company grows, I can compartmentalize my company units as individual companies with functional business names and URLs. For example, if my Search engine optimization business continues to thrive, I may create a separate identity just for that service and name it something like, expertseofirm.com (even though I'm pretty certain that name is taken). That way, I can take optimize for search engine rankings for specialized services, whilst maintaining my well branded corporate identity.
3. Word of Mouth Implications - Even in the age of on-line social networking, word of mouth is still the most powerful tool a brand can leverage. I like to take that considering to the subsequent level when crafting a brand name. Think about how well the words roll off the tongue. Does the pronunciation have a great rhythm? Are the words familiar and simple to communicate? When speaking to a friend, will a consumer have to repeat himself when sharing the name of your brand or web site? Choose a name that has a ring to it and is simple to pass along with the spoken word.
whats in a tagline
4. Stuck? Crowd Supply It - If you have exhausted your self brainstorming and still haven't discovered a name you're thrilled about, consider crowd sourcing. Crowd sourcing is the act of sharing your business idea with an online community and asking for name suggestions. You will receive a flurry of submissions. You just might get one you love. If not, you certainly will come away with a lot of kindling to stoke another round of brainstorming with a fresh point of view.
5. Check URL Availability - Prior to you are too far along in deciding your name, be certain to search for url availability. Generally, I like to do this in the extremely beginning of the process to get a feel for availability of urls in my niche. A easy GoDaddy.com search for possible urls will paint a good picture. As I get closer to locking down a name, I'll zero in on 5 powerful options and their variants (i.e. FreshBasil.com and TheFreshBasil.com).