Prior to we can dive in and evaluate compressors, we require to get familiar with some of the terminology utilized when rating air compressors. Knowing the technical terms is a should when shopping for a compressor and it makes the procedure of discovering the correct 1 for you a lot simpler.
SCFM: Standard square feet per minute.
This is the volume of air flow or the air flow capacity. Make certain you know how a lot SCFM you need to operate your air tools.
PSI: Pressure per square inch.
PSI is the unit in which pressure is measured. The PSI rating of a compressor indicates the maximum pressure it can operate at.
The power output of the motor is measured in HP. The larger the air tank, the more HP you require to efficiently fill the tank.
you can find out more here
Gallon: The tank size is measured in Gallon.
The greater the gallon rating, the longer you can operate your air tool prior to the tank has to be refilled.
Now that we are familiar with the essential terminology, it's time to begin the procedure of selecting the right compressor. Your task of selecting the right compressor for your needs will be much simpler if you take the following points into consideration.
Location is very important when selecting a compressor. This is the initial thing to consider and will determine what type of air compressor you require. If you are going to function in an enclosed area with the compressor, we recommend an electric powered unit with a low noise rating. The noise rating is measured in db and the reduce the quantity, the reduce the noise. Compressors these days are much much more quiet than older models, and some operate at levels as low as 60 db. At this level you would be in a position to have a regular conversation, standing next to it. Gas powered compressors are not suggested for use in enclosed locations with no ventilation.
It is important to know what energy source you have accessible( 110V, 220V) and choose a compressor accordingly. A gas powered compressor does not need any electricity and is fantastic when working on job sites exactly where no electricity is available.
When you have determined which power source suits you very best, you require to gather all the vital info that will help you select the very best compressor for you.
- Create down the SCFM and PSI specifications of the air tools that you want to run with the compressor. ( The manufacturer of the air tool will supply this information.)
- Make sure the unit you select can provide enough air flow (SCFM) to energy all your equipment.
- Make certain the unit you select can offer sufficient stress (PSI) to power all your tools.
- Do you require a transportable or stationary compressor? Horizontal tank compressors are usually much more transportable and can easily be moved about.
- What tank size do you need? Bigger tanks give longer, uninterrupted operating time.
- Do you require a low noise unit? Evaluate db ratings to find a low noise compressor.
When you've taken all the above points into consideration and narrowed the search to a certain type of compressor, look at customer reviews and ratings to discover that perfect air compressor for you.