Improving with Firefox
One software application any optimizer should love is Firefox. Now some might say 'Why Firefox, it's just a browser'? Yes, it's a visitor, but the one that supports a big variety of plug-ins, many of them invaluable for search engine optimization. So let's see what those plug-ins are:
1. Learn more on a partner URL - Navigate to this URL: logo. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be among the greatest and most used Firefox seo plugins, and has several tools that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let's see what it might do:
* in Google it can examine for: backlinks, listed pages, relevant pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: backlinks and indexed pages.
* for backlinks, traffic facts, Alexa: introduction and related web sites.
* keyword density of the most used words o-n the site.
* DMOZ checker: see when the site is contained in the index.
* check for robots.txt.
* validator to test your page for errors (it employs the validator from www.w3.org).
There are other activities, but these are the most important. We discovered www.facebook.com/pages/law-offices-of-caree-harper/257322757673875 by browsing Google Books.
2. Search Engine Optimisation Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another extension I take advantage of daily. If the extension si effective and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and position information for the URL and anchor text pair. When you're simply checking this can be frustrating, but you can simply deactivate it with a right-click!
This could be quickly used to test your search engine rankings for a specific site, and here's how: article an inventory with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases towards the webpages associated with them!
Now every time you wish to check always your rates activate the Search Engine Optimisation Links expansion and hover within the links -- you will see where your pages come in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of your valuable screen real-estate simply to uncover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) could sit anyplace you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll have the precious information at a glance. But this small instrument can do far more than that:
* it shows what metatags a site has
* inspections for backlinks and indexed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the document
* key-word thickness report purpose
* and best-of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be followed closely by search-engine spiders -- very helpful when you need to publish your website to a service and don't know if it'll matter from a seo perspective.
Therefore in the event you aren't using Firefox, go get it! It could be your best friend when it comes to search engine marketing!
Florin Costache writes over a daily search engine optimization blog for Romanian webmasters, named Optimizare pentru motoarele p cautare (a.k.a. Visit find out more to read the inner workings of it. Search engine marketing for folks who don't speak Romanian)..