My Problems With Wp Themes

It all began in the late 90's. I needed to place some news on my website. A diary. A summary of future events. I began with simple HTML. One page, with sections for each article. Easy. Then I heard about 'sites' and 'blogging.' Being smart, I picked Wordpress, the most used computer software. How smart, I thought. If you obtain the WYSIWYG editor going, anyone can set up an internet site. To learn additional info, consider checking out: jump button. Very democratic. Learn more on https://www.twitter.com/rolandfrasier by navigating to our astonishing article. This prompted my to create my outermost thoughts; o-n politics, London, and personal gripes. As a web-master, I watched to determine Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'soon, my jewels of extrospection can fit in with the ages.' Except Google didn't like my blog. It would perhaps not index much beyond the front page. Why, why, why? Copy material? I set it to place only one post per page. No progress. I checked out what Google was indexing. To check up additional info, consider looking at: per your request. Then I looked over the HTML. Soon, all became clear. In sum: - Word-press was still replicating my material, and - It'd no right META tags, and - There was a whole lot unnecessary HTML, and - The structure obscured this content. I had a quick search o-n Google to get search engine marketing recommendations. There is a plugin 'head META information' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I didn't use that, oh no. Visit this website https://foursquare.com/rolandfrasier/ to learn how to recognize this viewpoint. For whatever reason, I got the idea a complete concept is the solution. I tried modifying an existing one myself. Better, although not great. Google was needs to catalog more pages, but they all had the exact same subject. My missives to an uncaring world were being overlooked. So I got another person to do one, based on my conditions, which were: - Grab a META 'title' in the post 'title'; - Grab a META 'information' in the blog 'excerpts'; - Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' draw in non-content pages. But that wasn't enough. For best SEO results you should configure Word-press brutally. You have to be _mean_ to it. You've to _man_ enough. I did a little of research and created to following ideas. WARNING: They're extreme. If you curently have good ratings, making major changes to-your URLs may affect them. In my own case: - Moving my weblog http://www.ttblog.co.uk to the root web directory, - MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and - Removing a 30-1 direct, ... caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, page indexing was unchanged. This is temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' conduct. My site had been radically changed by me. Listed here are the tips, for true _men_, who will try the face area of internet death and laugh: 1. Stimulate permalinks by visiting 'Options/Permalinks.' You might have allow Apache MOD_REWRITE in your web bill. 1a. Shorten the permalinks code to just the %postname% variable. Don't work with the date codes. This keeps your URLs short. 2. Position your blog within the uppermost directory possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is preferable to http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/ Therefore a normal post would appear to be http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/ rather than http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/ 3. Then install an SEO'd theme. My blog posts are now being listed beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my posts, and little else. For my next concern, I transform it into an os, and take on Windows XP..