Cigarette smoking is a habit in which tobacco is burned and its vapors are either tasted or inhaled and the active substances are absorbed via the alveoli in the lungs which trigger off chemical reactions in nerve endings causing rise in the coronary heart rate.
Smoking is a bad habit and it annoys the people who don't smoke a cigarette. About 4.9 million people die every year because of cigarette smoking. Scientists disclosed a long time ago a connection between smoking and lung cancer.
You will find a lot of methods for giving up smoking but none of them can work if you're not firm in your heart that you truly need to stop. You can follow these easy steps in giving up cigarette smoking:-
- Make a list of reasons that you're thinking of about giving up and get a sturdy willpower to stop cigarette smoking.
- As an alternative to attempting to quit every year on a particular day, choose a specific give up day of every week. That will give you 52 chances in a year instead of just one and thus giving you more chances to succeed.
- Don't smoke the same brand when it isn't your particular one "No Cigarette Smoking Day". The different flavors and chemicals can make smoking less enjoyable.
- Remove all tobacco products from your house and workplace and do not even keep a pack of cigarettes around you since it can make you start smoking again.
- Find a doctor to assist you stop smoking. Nicotine replacement therapy, Nicotine patches, nicotine gum, nicotine sprays and inhalers, e-cigarette, Acupuncture, Cold turkey, Hypnotherapy, laser device treatment, NHS cigarette smoking Helpline(excellent source of practical guidance and support on cigarette smoking and giving up), NHS Stop smoking Services, Microtab, Lozenge, Inhalator are some techniques which can help you. Also consult your doctor to prescribe medications to help you quit cigarette smoking.
- Survive the first week of quitting by using cigarette substitutes like mints, sunflower seeds, toothpicks etc.
- Learn some details about smoking. Research on the world wide web and discover what will happen to smokers later in the life and the facts about any give up cigarette smoking solution or technique which is more successful than others.
- The cravings can also be halted by performing pushups or brushing your teeth.
- Always think positive and be assured that you can stop. Believe that you can and you will do it.
- Try ignoring smoking for 30 days. Keep telling to yourself that you will go back to smoking soon after that month. But when the month ends, do not return to cigarette smoking and start ignoring it for another month.
- Don't compel yourself to give up but observe yourself and the practice of smoking for 7 days typically as you usually do. You will be disgusted in yourself.
- If you think you are able to give up smoking then jot down how it feels or write down the steps you took when you started giving up cigarette smoking from beginning to end.