One piece of software any optimizer must love is Firefox. Now some may possibly say 'Why Firefox, it's just a visitor'? Yes, it's a visitor, but one that supports a big variety of plugins, some of them very useful for search engine optimization. If you think anything, you will maybe require to learn about searchlock. So let's see what these extensions are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be one of the best and most used Firefox seo plug-ins, and has many methods which make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let us see what it might do:
* in Google it can examine for: backlinks, listed pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks.
* for backlinks, traffic facts, Alexa: introduction and related sites.
* keyword occurrence of the most used words on the site.
When the site is within the service * DMOZ checker: see.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to check your site for problems (it uses the validator from www.w3.org). Visiting check out searchlock read about certainly provides warnings you should use with your friend.
There are other things, but these are the most important.
2. Search Engine Optimisation Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another expansion I personally use daily. To discover additional information, consider taking a view at: searchlock articles. Once the expansion si effective and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and position data for the URL and anchor text couple. This can be annoying when you are simply searching, but you can simply de-activate it having a right-click!
This might be effortlessly used to test your se rankings for a certain page, and here is how: article a listing with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link these words or phrases to the web pages associated with them!
Now everytime you want to check your ranks activate the Search Engine Optimisation Links expansion and hover on the links -- you'll see where your pages are in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Get further on our affiliated use with - Click here: my youtube.com/watch?v=fzvrlfnp2ta/.
3. Don't waste anymore of your valuable screen property just to discover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) could sit everywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll have the precious information at-a glance. But this small instrument can perform much more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a website has
* investigations for backlinks and found pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the document
* key-word occurrence statement func-tion
* and best of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be accompanied by search engine spiders -- very useful when you want to publish your website to an index and do not know if it'll matter from a seo perception.
So just in case you are not using Firefox, go have it! It may be your best friend when it comes to seo!
Florin Costache produces on a daily search engine optimisation website for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele p cautare (a.k.a. Search engine marketing for people who don't speak Romanian)..