WORKING AS A WINDOW CLEANER
The architectural glass used for structural, lighting, or decorative purposes needs frequent cleaning. A cleaner’s job is complicated and full of surprises. Window cleaning can be done manually, using tools for cleaning and access.
ST GEORGE WINDOW CLEANING works in contract basis. In-person transactions for cash or barter, to formal tender processes. Window cleaners work under regulations. Their licensing, technique, equipment and compensation that vary nationally and regionally.
BASIC TOOLS OF WINDOW CLEANERS:
- Chamois: to loosen and remove dirty
- Cheesecloth: for buffing
- Squeegee: to sluice dirt from glass
Generally chemicals are mixed with water. Then a brush or cloth with handle is dipped in it to scrub windows. Later with the help of a squeegee that water mixture is removed from the glass. Window cleaners are a common site in cities. ST GEORGE WINDOW CLEANING requires only one kind of squeegee which is widely used on all kinds of windows. Window squeegee can clean your house and car windows as well. However there are number of squeegees available around you like:
- Floor squeegees
- Stiff blade squeegees
- Horse scrapers
CHEMICALS USED BY WINDOW CLEANERS:
- Dish Soap
- Glass Cleaner
- Trisodium Phosphate
- Etching Salt
- Anti-freezing Chemicals ( for sub-freezing temperatures)
WHERE THERE IS GLASS THERE ARE WINDOW CLEANER:
There are many way by which window cleaners get the cleaning done. As cleaning style varies nationally and regionally so does their accessibility. ST GEORGE WINDOW CLEANING tries to execute their work perfectly. Here are some ways you witness window cleaners do their jobs.
- Ladders: Ladders range in size from a single step to the extended. The extension of local ladders depends on area regulations.
- Supported scaffolding: different from suspended scaffolding. Temporary work platforms erected from the ground to gain access at height.
- Aerial work platforms: Aerial work platform is variously constructed powered machines, designed to deliver workers to otherwise inaccessible areas commonly seen in Australia.
- Suspended platform or cradle: different from scaffolding.Devices designed for ascent and/or descent via wire rope. Can be both mechanical and manual. LikeBoatswain's chair for single-person seat designed for a controlled descent of rope. They are installed temporarily however their access point is permanent. And Suspended platform for one or more workers with manual or motor driven.
- Windowsill access: Direct access to a window.Method that you still witness in the city of New York.
RISKS INVOLVED IN CLEANING CASEMENT:
Most common risks include slipping on water or soap and falling from heights. Misfit scaffolding and archaic method to clean windows by using ladders are a fewer danger of ST GEORGE WINDOW CLEANING jobs.
SHORTAGE OF NATURAL ELEMENTS:
Window cleaning requires water.With water shortage around the world. Window cleaners’ job has become debatable. Restricted access to water has brought cleaners’ job and green cleaning close to extinction.
Along with danger involved in window cleaning task, technological advancement has also declined labor requirements. Pressure washer has made window cleaning more efficient along with upcoming robotic window cleaners. About Me