My Troubles With Wp Styles

It all started in the late 90's. I needed to place some news o-n my website. A record. A list of forthcoming events. I began with basic HTML. One-page, with parts for each article. Basic.

Then I found out about 'websites' and 'blogging.' Being wise, I picked Word-press, the most popular application. How smart, I thought. Should you obtain the WYSIWYG editor going, anybody could put up an internet site. Very democratic.

This encouraged my to publish my outermost thoughts; o-n personal gripes, London, and politics. Being a webmaster, I watched to see Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'soon, my treasures of extrospection can fit in with the ages.'

Except Google didn't like my weblog. It'd maybe not index much beyond the leading page. Why, why, why?

Replicate information? I set it to place only 1 post per page.

No progress.

I looked at what Google was indexing. Then I viewed the HTML. Shortly, all became clear.

In sum:

- Wordpress was still duplicating my content, and

- It had no right META-TAGS, and

- There was a whole lot irrelevant HTML, and

- the content was obscured by The layout.

I had a quick search o-n Google to find search engine marketing ideas. There's a plugin 'head META information' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I didn't use that, oh no.

For some reason, I got the idea a full theme will be the solution. I tried changing an existing one myself. Better, but not perfect. Google was starting to list more pages, but they all had the exact same name. My missives to an uncaring world were being overlooked.

So I got another person to do one, according to my standards, which were:

- Grab a META 'name' from your blog post 'title';

- Grab a META 'explanation' from the website 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' tag in non-content pages.

But that wasn't enough. For best SEO results you have to configure Word-press completely. You've to be _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

I did a bit of re-search and came up with to following methods.

WARNING: They're intense. This elegant http://spencerbkif.blog.com article has collected elegant warnings for how to ponder it. Making significant changes to your URLs may affect them, If you already have good ranks. In my case:

- Moving my weblog http://www.ttblog.co.uk for the root web listing,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 301 direct,

... caused my PageRank to visit 0. BUT, site indexing was unaffected.

This was temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' behaviour. My site had been radically changed by me.

Here are the ideas, for true _men_, who will look in the face area of internet death and laugh:

1. Stimulate permalinks when you go to 'Options/Permalinks.' You might have to enable Apache MOD_REWRITE on your web account. Http://Nolanhrtb.Livejournal.Com includes more about the reason for this activity.

1a. Reduce the permalinks code to just the variable. Do not make use of the time codes. Identify further on this affiliated article - Click here: http://kimdqaa.livejournal.com. This keeps your URLs short.

2. Place your site in the uppermost service possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is preferable to http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

Therefore a normal post would look like

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

In the place of

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My blogs are increasingly being listed beautifully. To discover additional info, we know you have a gander at: http://nashnskv.sosblogs.com. The Google 'site:' command returns all my posts, and little else.

For my next concern, I accept Windows XP, and change it into an operating-system..