Even if you have a lot of other priorities for instance, sports, extracurricular activities, etc., still you need to complete a senior project to graduate successfully
There are a million diets people will swear by. You can count points, eat dozens of hamburgers, without their buns of course, shuffle food cards, or even derive your own diet miracle. But, hold on to your scales. There is a simple solution to our weighty woes. Did you know perfect health and good nutrition originated in the Bible?
The Bible says your body is the "temple" of God. In 1Corinthians 3:16-17 it says, "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."
How do you treat your "temple"? Are you consuming real and perfect food God made for your complete nourishment or do you eat "food products" that were created by man? Although represented as "food", most of us eat processed food products that have no real nutritional value.
Many dietary elements are necessary to produce good health. When any one element is missing, this weak link causes the whole body to break down. However, you don't have to sit with charts and a calculator at each meal to see if you're getting everything you need.
In Stormie Omartian's book, Greater Health God's Way, she suggests following these guidelines:
1. Eat Only FRESH vegetables and fruits; no canned, frozen or processed in any way. This should make up 15% of each meal.
2. Whole grains (no white flour) should make up 25% of only one meal per day.
3. Meat, poultry and fishelect only one of them each day. Remember, red meat digests slowly so only eat up to 2 times a week.
4. Seeds, nuts, and berries, (oh my!) are great for munchies and between meal snacks.
5. Milk, unprocessed cheese, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, and butter can be eaten only 3 to 4 times a week.
6. Eggsonly 2-3 times per weekand as fresh as you can get them.
Americans have a bad health history. We have created a culture that believes that a well-balanced meal consists of chicken nuggets, French fries, and a soda. According to the most recent statistics released by the Centers for Disease Control, an estimated 64% of adults, age 20 years or older, are considered overweight or obese.
Think of it this waythe more processes the food has been through before it gets to you, the less likely you should eat it. The body can only store man-made synthetic foods as chemicals. Storing these chemicals can end up causing many different diseases and problems. Whole foods, the way God intended it to be, should be consumed for our own sake. Remember, wellness and good health is a choice. Honor your body and God's "temple." By following Biblical eating and Biblical nutrition the way God intended, it promotes our body's health and wellness.