One piece of software any optimizer must love is Firefox. Now some might say 'Why Firefox, it is just a browser'? Yes, it is a visitor, but the one that supports a variety of plug-ins, many of them very useful for seo. So let us see what these plug-ins are:
1. Get additional information on our favorite related article - Browse this link: http://manta.com/c/mmqcqcm/kansas-counselors-of-kansas-city-inc. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be among the greatest and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has several methods which make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let's see what it might do:
* in Google it may examine for: backlinks, found pages, relevant pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: backlinks and indexed pages.
* for backlinks, traffic details, Alexa: review and related sites.
* key-word density of the very used words on the site.
When the site is contained in the service * DMOZ checker: see. Clicking http://ksbsrb.org/professionalcounselors.htm information certainly provides warnings you could give to your sister.
* check for robots.txt.
* validator to test your site for problems the validator is used by it from www.w3.org).
There are other activities, but these are the most important.
2. To check up more, please consider checking out: save on. Search Engine Optimisation Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is still another extension I take advantage of everyday. Once the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and position information for the URL and anchor text couple. Learn more on tour http://www.ibegin.com/directory/us/kansas/wichita/kansas-counselors-inc-1421-n-saint-paul-st/ by visiting our stylish site. When you're simply checking this can be troublesome, but you can simply de-activate it with a right-click!
This could be quickly used to test your search engine rankings for a particular page, and here's how: write-up a list with all the keywords and keyphrases you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases to the website pages associated with them!
Now every time you want to check your rates stimulate the SEO Links expansion and hover within the links -- you'll see where your pages have been in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of your valuable screen real-estate merely to discover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit anyplace you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll get the precious data at a glance. But this small tool can perform far more than that:
* it shows what metatags a website has
* investigations for backlinks and indexed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the record
* keyword thickness statement purpose
* and best-of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be followed by search engine spiders -- very useful when you wish to publish your website to a service and don't know if it'll matter from the seo perspective.
Therefore in the event you aren't applying Firefox, go get it! It might be your best friend when it comes to seo!
Florin Costache produces over a daily seo blog for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. search engine optimization for people who do not speak Romanian)..