With the American divorce rateholding stable at about 50%, it's a safe bet that the majority of today's and tomorrow's wedding brides are hopping on the kado unik, kado ultah unik for the second or maybe even third time. Stats also show that the average age of the first-time bride is just about 27 or 28. Many women are waiting even longer-until their 30's and 40's-to take their 1st plunge. Of course, these new dynamics have developed a blip the bridal shower business.
Women in their late twenties, thirties, forties and beyond are often founded, with a houseful of home furniture, appliances small and huge, and all they have to live their lives on a day-to-day basis. When these females marry, more often than not, two households merge and purge. Thankfully, registries help guests with wedding gifts, and they even help with wedding shower gifts.
Yes, first-time brides, no matter how older they are, deserve a wedding shower. In a break with tradition, showers are now given for the second-time bride, particularly if she eloped or didn't possess one before her first wedding.
So let's talk about bridal showers for old and "once again" . We'll pass on the lingerie shower, since these brides are probably way at night wowie-wow-wow wedding night. Listed below are five shower themes these wedding brides might appreciate:
- Beginnin' With Linen-Not only is it possible to never have enough linens, wouldn't it become nice for the newlyweds to start out their lives as well as all fresh linen? Sounds like a pajama party! She'll like getting plush towel models, satin bedsheets, elegant tablecloths and napkins, dishcloths, even blankets!
- Raising the Bar-Entertaining is a complete new ballgame for the content few. Make the shower a wine and cheese tasting and share their bar with martini glasses, glasses, champagne flutes, wine glasses, coasters, bar components and superior liquors and wines.
- Marriage is a Trip-Perfect for the pair that wants to travel. Believe "passport" invitations and travel poster decorations! Gifts? How about some matching luggage, for starters? They'll also need complementing luggage tags, personalized travel tote bags, travel toiletry instances and a portable CD gamer.
- Holidaze-Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Halloween, Christmas! Every holiday has its special needs-serving platters for Thanksgiving, ornaments and other decorations for Christmas, a red-white-and-blue apron and tablecloth for the 4th of July barbecue. And you may make the shower a particular, one-day holiday with personalized decorations that feature photos of the content couple.
- Gourmet Soiree-The spread for a gourmet shower is simply as important as the gifts. Provide exotic, tantalizing appetizers and dishes, and invite the guests to create gifts of gourmet food for the bride. Aged steaks, lobster, imported chocolates, nuts, coffee, cheeses, fruits, decadent desserts and cookbooks are just a few gift suggestions. And you'll be recognized as a host with outstanding taste!
This article was presented by MyWeddingFavors.com, an online retail company specializing in unique wedding favors, wedding shower favors, bridesmaids' gifts, groomsmen gifts, and wedding components.