Oxygen therapy is the safest and most effective way to cope with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) symptoms. Home oxygen Fort Lauderdale can effectively improve your health and help you breathe easily. Oxygen therapy improves the oxygen levels in your blood and prevents you from many adverse health conditions. But you need to be very careful while using oxygen concentrators, cylinders or liquid oxygen systems.
Oxygen is a safe and non-flammable gas but it supports combustion, so it is necessary that you handle it safely. Also, make sure that you have enough oxygen supply in hand so that you don’t have any problem even during a power outage.
Home Oxygen Safety Tips
Oxygen is essential to for all human beings but mishandling can pose many risks. This is the reason why it is very important to educate people about the potential dangers of mishandling home oxygen systems and about the precautions that can help them prevent injuries or damages caused by home oxygen Fort Lauderdale. Here are some tips that will help you and your family stay safe:
1. Smoking pose great risks from home oxygen systems like Invacare Hollywood. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 89 percent of home oxygen and fire related deaths are caused by smoking. So you must never allow anyone (including yourself) to smoke anywhere close to the home oxygen systems.
2. The use of gas stoves, candles, fireplaces, etc. are common in our household which are good source of heat and fire. So it is necessary that you place the oxygen cylinders/ canisters at least 5 to 10 feet away from any source of heat and fire.
3. Do not use any petroleum based products when using oxygen. A number of skin lotions have petroleum as a major component, so be very careful while choosing your skincare lotions while undergoing oxygen therapy. Petroleum based products are highly inflammable and can burn vigorously in presence of oxygen.
4. Ask for demos from your home oxygen Fort Lauderdale providers so that you get familiarized with the oxygen equipment and safety checks. In case of any confusion, get in touch with the provider at once. Never ever attempt to repair a faulty oxygen canister yourself. Always ask the oxygen provider to help you.
5. When a person is undergoing oxygen therapy using systems like Invacare Hollywood, make sure you have fire alarms and smoke detectors installed in your home. You will be alerted at once in case of fire or smoke, so that you can take the necessary precautions.
6. Place the oxygen cylinders in well ventilated areas, so that no oxygen can accumulate and lead to potential fire hazards. Never cover the oxygen supply source with cloth or any other material. Store the oxygen cylinder in an upright position, in a safe and secured place.
Handling home oxygen equipment is not as difficult as it may seem. You should follow the basic safety rules and should be able to act fast in case anything wrong happens. Follow the above safety tips and keep your family members safe.