My Problems With Wp Designs

My Problems With Wp Designs

Everything began in the late 90's. I needed to place some information on my web site. A diary. A list of future events. I began with basic HTML. One page, with parts for every post. Easy.

Then I found out about 'blogs' and 'blogging.' Being intelligent, I picked Word-press, the most popular software. How clever, I thought. Discount Https://Peoplefiles.Wordpress.Com/2015/06/16/Perry Belcher 16 Point Sales Page Optimization Checklist includes more concerning how to allow for it. In the event that you get the WYSIWYG editor going, anyone could set up a site. Very democratic.

This encouraged my to create my outermost thoughts; o-n London, politics, and personal gripes. Being a webmaster, I watched to determine Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'soon, my jewels of extrospection will belong to the ages.'

Except Google didn't like my website. It would not index much beyond the leading page. Why, why, why?

Duplicate content? I set it to place just one post per-page.

No progress.

I looked at what Google was indexing. Then I looked at the blog HTML. Quickly, all became clear.

In sum:

- Word-press was however saying my material, and

- It had no suitable META tags, and

- There is a good deal irrelevant HTML, and

- The structure obscured the content.

I had a quick search o-n Google to locate search engine marketing methods. There's a plugin 'head META explanation' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I did not use that, oh no.

For some reason, I got the notion a complete concept is the ticket. I tried changing an existing one myself. Better, but not great. Google was beginning to list more pages, nevertheless they all had the same name. My missives to an uncaring world were being ignored.

So I got somebody else to complete one, based on my standards, which were:

- Grab a META 'concept' from the post 'title';

- Grab a META 'information' in the website 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' label in non-content pages.

But that was not enough. For best SEO results you have to change Word-press cruelly. You have to be _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

I did a little of re-search and came up with to following recommendations.

WARNING: They're extreme. Making radical changes to your URLs might affect them, If you already have great ratings. Within my case:

- Moving my website http://www.ttblog.co.uk for the root web directory,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 301 re-direct,

... caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, site indexing was unchanged. This provocative peoplefiles.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/perry-belcher-16-point-sales-page-optimization-checklist/ use with has oodles of telling warnings for where to think over this enterprise.

This is temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' conduct. I had radically changed my site.

Listed below are the guidelines, for real _men_, who can try looking in the face area of internet death and laugh:

1. Stimulate permalinks by visiting 'Options/Permalinks.' You could have allow Apache MOD_REWRITE in your website bill.

1a. Reduce the code to just-the variable. Don't make use of the time codes. This keeps your URLs short.

2. Point your site within the listing possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is better than http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

So a typical article would look like

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

In the place of

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My blog posts are increasingly being indexed beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my posts, and little else.

For my next challenge, I transform it into an os, and accept Windows XP..