Methods on Saving Dollars on Energy at Home
An average U.S. family spends more than $1,600 a year on home utility bills, yet making some basic changes around the home could conserve money and make heating and cooling systems more effective, according to World Energy Solutions, a traded energy services company located in St. Petersburg, Fla. If you need to get more about best air conditioning companies, we know about many databases people can pursue.
By analyzing facilities and equipment, World Energy Solutions (symbol: WEGY) helps organizations increase the life of the equipment and lower their power consumption and maintenance costs.
"Many of the energy-saving techniques we use for the commercial customers can also be placed on the home," states Benjamin Croxton, ceo of World Energy Solutions. To learn more, please consider having a peep at: learn about heating and air conditioning repair. Navigating To advertiser maybe provides warnings you might use with your sister. "There are many common-sense, low-cost and no-cost methods to lower your home energy use in addition to many new technologies which can be put on your home's energy-consuming systems."
Below are a few guidelines from the American Council for an Efficient Economy on things homeowners can perform to produce their homes more energy efficient:
* Miss the heat of your water heater to the comfortable setting.
* Use energy-saving controls on appliances, dishwashers, automatic washers and clothes dryers.
* Use compact fluorescent lights, that may save three-quarters of the energy used by incandescents. First to be changed should be any 60-watt to 100-watt bulbs which can be used many hours a day.
* Have your heating and cooling systems served in the fall and spring. Duct sealing also can improve functionality and the energy efficiency of one's furnace or central air conditioning. I discovered prestige air and heat by searching Yahoo.
* Clean or replace furnace, air conditioning and heat-pump filters.
* Assess your heating and cooling systems to determine if you should replace or retrofit them to create them work more proficiently to offer exactly the same comfort, or better, with less energy.
"If your home's central air-conditioning system is over 10 years old, a brand new state-of-the-art system will save you 30 % or maybe more of your home's air-conditioning expense," claims George Walker, air-conditioning expert with World Energy Solutions..