It has become a popular and acceptable custom to take liquor at societal events. There is a rather thin line between drinking at celebrations, eventsand abusing alcohol. Lots of people cross this line, without even understanding that there alcohol consumption practice has become an addiction. Too much drinking can trigger physical and psychological damage to the drinker along with negatively impactingpeople around them.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is consideredas a weakness, hence many of the alcoholics attempt to hide their drinking practice or attempt to weaken or minimize it. Alcoholism might be identifiedby recognizing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the most reliable method to detect alcohol addiction.
Alcoholism is excessivedrinking resulting in negative outcomes on the drinker's health, profession or social life. Every individual alcoholic exhibits different degrees and patterns of alcohol addiction. Hencediagnosis of alcohol addiction is rather difficult. But there are strategies, which are used for medical diagnosis of alcohol addiction.
• Health care specialists make use of a number of evaluating tests to recognize hazard for alcoholism in different drinkers. They make use of different types of questionnaires.Some of the most commontests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGE survey, and the TACE questionnaire. There are various more surveys, which are made use of forassessment of degree of alcohol addiction or its risk.
• Has the drinker ever felt the need of reducing alcohol consumption?
• Has he ever been bothered by people condemninghim for his alcohol consumption?
• Has the drinker ever felt guilty or bad about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever ingested alcoholic drink immediately on waking in the morning to ease or steady his anxiety?
• Has the drinker ever usedalcohol in the early morning to get rid of a hangover?
• The amount of alcohol toconstitute a high for them?
• Another method of medical diagnosis of alcohol addiction is different blood tests to assess different physical functions. Excessive consumption of alcohol might likewise be found out by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excessconsumption of alcohol also negatively affect kidney.
• An experienced physicianmay sense alcohol issue if a client sees him for other bodily problems, which might result caused by immoderate use of alcohol. Physician may carry out extra tests for abdominal problems, heart failure, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending on the symptoms of the patient.
• Other aspect, which could indicate alcoholism, is unexpected modifications in behavior of the drinker. If any of the signs suggest alcohol addiction, it is better to go for physical tests for alcohol addiction. Timely diagnosis assists in propertreatment of alcoholism or alcohol dependency.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is thought about as a weakness, hence many of the alcoholics try to conceal their drinking practice or attempt to undermine orunderstate it. Alcohol addiction is immoderate drinking resulting in negative resultson the drinker's health, occupation or social life. •Healthcare professionals make use of numerousscreening tests to identify risk for alcohol addiction in various drinkers. If any of the signs show alcohol addiction, it is better to go for bodily tests for alcohol addiction.Timely diagnosis assists in appropriate treatment ofalcoholism or alcohol dependency.