A couple are among almost 100 Brits suing a Greek hotel after their dream wedding was ruined when they fell ill with severe stomach bugs - caused by people defecating in the swimming pool.
Danielle, 30, and Mark Woollaston, 38, have launched legal action against the Marelen Hotel in Kalamaki on Zante.
The pair travelled to the Greek island for two weeks to get married and stayed at the three-star resort with 50 friends and family members in August last year.
pics;prom dresses uk
But their wedding celebrations were ruined because of a severe gastric illness outbreak at the hotel during their stay.
The bride, groom and the majority of their guests were then diagnosed with Cryptosporidium, a parasite that causes severe symptoms, on their return to the UK.
The group legal action also includes an another wedding party who travelled to the Marelen Hotel after their guests also suffered with Cryptosporidium.
People from that party noticed the the swimming pool was closed for several days due to faeces in the water.
Over a third of the 93 people affected are children with 33 youngsters suffering from illnesses including diarrhoea, abdominal pain and tiredness.
Jatinder Paul, an associate solicitor and expert international personal injury lawyer for Irwin Mitchell, said: 'Cryptosporidium can have serious, long-term health implications for those affected.
'We are now representing almost 100 people who were affected by illness at the Marelen Hotel following holidays this year and we are still receiving enquiries from other guests at the hotel.
'Many of our clients are giving us the same description of their time at the hotel and the problems that they faced, including problems with faeces in the swimming pool, which our clients tell us was not dealt with as promptly as it could and should have been.
Read more:prom dresses