For a lot of, marijuana has become the self medication drug of choice when it comes to addressing a multitude of PTSD symptoms. But are there ways in which cannabis might be doing more damage than good? This article will take a look into both the benefits and risks https://www.myptsd.com/c/threads/the-pros-and-cons-of-using-cannabis-for-ptsd.52896/ entailed in using cannabis--legal or otherwise--to manage PTSD.
A PTSD sufferer will probably see the potential advantages in cannabis use. Adults suffering from PTSD are three times more inclined to be dependent on cannabis, and also the figures for military veterans are generally higher. There is strong anecdotal evidence along with preliminary scientific evidence supporting that cannabis or its synthetic derivatives may address hyper- anxiety, arousal, sleep disturbance, nightmares, and melancholy.
But cannabis use is not without dangers. Recent studies have confirmed the links between the downgrading of cannabinoid receptors in the mind and regular cannabis use. In summary, introducing external THC creates change in the mind that results in dependence on the drug. The great news is, this change seems to reverse approximately four weeks after discontinuing cannabis use.
- Panic Disorder And Anxiety Reduction By A. Thomas Perhacs
- The PTS Cup Information
- David Faulkner's Articles In - Article Dashboard Directory - Submit Articles - Search Find Free Content
- Anybody Desperately Want To Tell About Trauma But Can't Until Asked
- Chris Toal -
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress
- Serotonin's Role In Neurological Conditions Like Fibromyalgia And Anxiety Disorders