Leathers and Exotic SkinsOnly the finest leathers and exotic skins are used to create each bag. The Hermes bags are made by hand with every detail considered in the process.A Birkin bag should have very few if any bulges in the leather. It will sit upright and has a smooth silhouette.
All exotic skin Birkins and Kellys include crocodile, alligator, ostrich, lizard. Each is sold with a CITIES to be used for transportation. You will not be able to enter certain countries with an exotic bag without the passport for the Birkin/Kelly.
The Birkin sits on four feet and will stand up on its own without wobbling. The feet will not screw off easily.
In general most hardware does not tarnish however tarnishing is possible but not peeling or wearing. For example if the hardware is palladium and gold is showing through, it is fake. If palladium shows wear and turns black, it is possibly authentic.
The lock will have the words Hermes Birkins engraved on the bottom and the number of the key which corresponds to the lock.
The lock will say "Hermes" on the bottom of it and the keys will be numbered to match the number of the lock. The keys will also say Hermes on the opposite side.There are a few vintage Hermes bags with lock and key sets, that will also have Hermes etched on the reverse side.
- Hermes Evelyne Bag
- Hermes Birkin 25 CM Graphite Niloticus crocodile Silver Hardware
- Hermes Bolide 37 Gold Epsom Silver Hardware
- Hermes Bolide 31 Boatorozu Clemence leather Silver Hardware
- Hermes Kelly 35 CM Gold Couchevel Gold Hardware
- Hermes Kelly 28 CM Brown Croc Porosasu Silver Hardware
- Hermes Birkin 35 CM Chocolat Clemence leather Gold Hardware