The global 3D scanning market is expected to reach USD 4.90 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Surging demand across several application areas along with technological advancements are expected to be key factors driving 3D scanning market growth over the forecast period. The technology is poised for growth owing to its ability to provide high resolution and rapid 3D digitization over conventional scanning techniques.Increasing usage across applications such as historic edifice preservation is also expected fuel market growth over the next few years. Aging infrastructure with historical significance needs to be preserved and documented, which is also expected to drive market growth. Suppliers of hardware as well as software solutions emphasize on continuous improvements in workflow and ease-of-use, thereby driving sales and resulting in a technology being more accessible to professional users. However, high-priced scanners may hamper the 3D scanning market.
View summary of this report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-scanning-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2013, laser scanners emerged as the dominant product segment accounting for over 60% of the 3D scanning market. The structured light product segment is expected to rapidly gain market share over the forecast period owing to its ability to make rapid prototypes with high degree of accuracy across numerous applications.
- Short range scanners accounted for majority of the overall 3D scanning market in 2013. These scanners deploy techniques such as laser triangulation and structured light and have a focal distance of less than a meter, which is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Browse All Reports of this category @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
Corporate Sales Specialist, U.S.A.
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Website: Grand View Research
Blog Site: http://www.divog.org/
- Kaolin Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Fermentation Chemicals Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Broadcast Switchers Market Trends 2014 To 2020 by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Hyaluronic Acid Market Forecast Report To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Liquid Crystal Polymers Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- 3D Scanning Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Ceramic Tiles Market To 2020- Industry Trends, Forecast: Grand View Research, Inc.