Global liquid crystal polymers (LCP) market is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Shift in trend towards miniaturization of electrical components such as surface mount device and connectors is expected to drive global LCP market. Growing demand for lightweight, high performance materials from automotive industry in order to improve fuel efficiency is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Lower welding strength and warpage associated with LCP is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.Electrical & electronics emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 81.5% of total market volume in 2013. Growing engineering resins demand for manufacturing ultra-thin electrical components is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment. LCP is favored over other engineering resins such as polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), nylon 46 and polyphthalamide (PPA) which has further propelled market growth. Electrical & electronics is also expected to witness the highest growth rate of 8.9% over the forecast period. LCP demand from automotive industry is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 7.3% from 2014 to 2020. Shift in trend towards adoption of lightweight, high performance materials from automotive industry particularly in the U.S. and Europe is expected to drive this segment.
View summary of this report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/liquid-crystal-polymers-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global LCP demand was 46.1 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 81.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- China was the leading regional market and accounted for 46.1% of total market volume in 2013. China is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to rapid expansion of electronics & electrical industry in the nation. Other Asian countries such as India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are also expected to witness steady growth over the forecast period.
Browse All Reports of this category @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-bio-based-and-water-soluble-polymers
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
Corporate Sales Specialist, U.S.A.
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Website: Grand View Research
Blog Site: http://www.divog.org/
- Kaolin Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Fermentation Chemicals Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Broadcast Switchers Market Trends 2014 To 2020 by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Hyaluronic Acid Market Forecast Report To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Liquid Crystal Polymers Market Outlook and Forecast up To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- 3D Scanning Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2020 by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Ceramic Tiles Market To 2020- Industry Trends, Forecast: Grand View Research, Inc.