Sodium Metabisulfite Side Effects
General Side Effects
The signs of these reactions may include hives, swelling, bronco constriction, shortness of breath and anaphylactic shock.
* Report new side effects to us by sending email to [email protected] Our expert will review it and respond soon.
Ingestion of Sodium Metabisulfite in large quantity may hurt our health, please follow the guideline of using Sodium Metabisulfite: ADI 0-0.7 mg/kg bw
* ADI: Acceptable Daily Intake
* MTDI: maximum tolerable daily intake
* Data source: JECFA Database of WHO
Special Groups Precaution
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Sodium Metabisulfite could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Sodium Metabisulfite in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Sodium Metabisulfite for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
GRAS Affirmation: Yes
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Sodium Metabisulfite is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
Sodium Metabisulfite in News
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Sodium Metabisulfite reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to [email protected] Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
- See more at foodchem: http://www.foodchemadditives.com/side_effects_info/826