Five ways to protect MSN account
An MSN account lets you buy different apps from the Windows Store, backup all the data by means of free cloud storage, and keep your photos, games, devices, settings, and peers in sync as well as up to date. Therefore, it is imperative for you to keep your msn account in the best possible condition as far as its security is concerned. How can you do that? You can do that by using the best tips from MSN customer service: the top five ways to protect MSN account easily and quickly. Let us see what they are.
1. Create a strong password—a strong password is a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, punctuation marks, numerals, and special symbols. Create a long password having no personal or confidential information: do not insert information including your nickname, pet’s name, phone number, address, and others in your password. Also, keep in mind to not use any word that is in dictionary. However complex you think you might have made your password, yet a simple password is easy to crack.
2. Prevent phishing—to prevent phishing to the core, watch out for email messages that boast of your account’s security maintenance; those could be nothing but phishing scams. Never click the links present in such messages either unless you verify the source, whether it’s reliable or not. Detect phishing websites by turning on phishing filters in your Web browser. To turn on your browser’s filters, you can follow its online help.
3. Add security proofs—security proofs enable you to verify the ownership of your MSN account. To gain assistance in this regard, the official MSN tech support professionals can help you by verifying whether you are the real owner of the account. They only need your email address and contact number to send an authentication code, so that you can access the Manage Your Security Info section and resolve your issues.
4. Update your protection programs—check your various spyware, virus, and malware protection programs to ensure they are running up to date. To make it easier, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials that is an antivirus, antimalware, and antispyware—all combined into one program, available for free.
5. Install latest security fixes—ensure you have latest security fixes in your computer and Web browser. If you use Windows, you can do the same by referring to Windows Update: a program to help you find and install latest Windows updates; if you use Mac, you can refer to the Apple technical support website for the same.
This completes the top five ways to protect MSN account. What step do you follow for ensuring the safety of your MSN account? Care to share?