Improving with Firefox
Improving with Firefox
One software application any optimizer should love is Firefox. Now some might say 'Why Firefox, it's just a visitor'? Yes, it is a browser, but one that supports a variety of plug-ins, a number of them very helpful for search engine optimization. Therefore let us see what those jacks are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be one of the greatest and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has several tools that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let us see what it may do:
* in Google it can check for: backlinks, found pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: backlinks and indexed pages.
* for backlinks, traffic facts, Alexa: overview and related internet sites. Identify more on human resources manager by going to our riveting article directory.
* key-word occurrence of the very used words on the page.
* DMOZ checker: see if the site is included in the index.
* check for robots.txt.
* validator to test your page for problems (it employs the validator from www.w3.org).
There are other items, but these are the most crucial.
2. Search Engine Optimization Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another extension I use everyday. Visit division to research where to mull over it. If the expansion si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking information for the URL and anchor text pair. When you are simply browsing this can be annoying, but you can simply deactivate it with a right-click!
This might be quickly used to check on your search-engine rankings for a specific site, and here is how: write-up a list with all the keywords and keyphrases you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases towards the web pages associated with them!
Now each time you need to check always your ranks trigger the SEO Links extension and float on the links -- you will see where your pages are in Google, Yahoo and MSN. This lovely https://twitter.com/orangeco_seo paper has a myriad of ideal cautions for how to see this concept.
3. Do not waste anymore of your valuable screen real estate just to discover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit everywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll receive the important information at a glance. But this little instrument may do a lot more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a site has
* assessments for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the record
* key-word occurrence record purpose
* and best of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be accompanied by search engine spiders -- very useful when you need to submit your site to a listing and do not know if it'll matter from the seo perception.
So in case you aren't applying Firefox, go get it! It might be your very best friend when it comes to search engine marketing!
Florin Costache writes over a daily seo website for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele p cautare (a.k.a. Seo for folks who don't speak Romanian)..