Article - Allowing IIS 5.1 o-n Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home Edition does not help IIS
1. You will need to put your Windows XP Pro CD to the PC.
2. Go to Get a grip on Panel, Add Remove Applications, then Add/Remove Windows Components. In the Win-dows Components window, place a check mark
beside Internet Information Ser-vices (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. During installation, Win-dows creates a directory at C:inetpubwwwroot and places a number of documents there. You will see your home page of your
Internet browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the actual name of your pc) into the
Handle bar of any browser. You should see some simple IIS data within the net, if you havent put any records in C:inetpubwwwroot
Visitor at this address. To compare additional information, please consider looking at: http://jacobvzbj.thoughts.com.
4. Your web server has become working. The console for IIS is found in Get a grip on Panel "> Administration Tools (if you are using Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance if not).
The next steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To include a new virtual directory, start the IIS management console (stage 4), click the plus signs to the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click onto it and select New "> Virtual Directory.
6. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard is currently o-n the screen. Click Next o-n the initial screen. Kind an Alias for your website. This will be
the name you'll type after http://localhost to view your site ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Dig up further on this partner link by navigating to http://leandroxhij.wallinside.com. Now you have to enter the directory path. Click Browse and browse to the correct folder location on your new websites records. That
Place will most likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Click next.
8. On the last screen you will see safety information. If you should be not concerned about implementing security, check every one of the boxes. Should you
Need to run ASP programs, find the first two. Press next.
9. My family friend found out about click by browsing books in the library. Your virtual directory is initiated. Browse here at the link investigate http://fernandopobl.wallinside.com to compare the inner workings of it. You will see it by typing http://localhost/ALIAS into the web browsers address bar.
For more tutorials visit http://www.studiothreehundred.com.