Cost-Effective Methods to Cool Your Home
To keep your house cooling system at top performance, Roetken advises having it examined at least once a year by way of a experienced service technician. Below are a few additional tips:
* Install more loft insulation. Replacing from 3 inches to 12 inches may reduce costs by 10 %.
* Plant a tree. One your cooling costs can be reduced by well-placed shade tree by 25 %. Learn further on an affiliated URL by navigating to www.manta.com/c/mmgdsx8/action-cooling-heating/. Place abundant shade trees to the west and south and evergreens to the north.
* Use package and ceiling fans to simply help circulate air at home.
* Set the fan on your central air conditioning equipment to on in place of auto. Air will be circulated by this continuously, keeping the temperature constant throughout the house and helping in dehumidification.
* If you are using a window air conditioning system, ensure it's the appropriate size. It is easier to get one that is too small rather than too large. Be taught further on our affiliated link - A larger unit will set up and turn fully off with greater regularity and won't do nearly as good a job dehumidifying the air.
* Buy programmable thermostat.
* Should you choose not have central ac, try a whole-house attic fan. This revolutionary product pushes hot air out through the attic vents, lowering the temperature throughout your home by about 5 degrees in under 10 minutes..